Kembla Joggers Athlete Development & Assistance Fund
The Kembla Joggers Athlete Development and Assistance Fund provides help to KJ members with expenses incurred when representing the club at state or national level. Travel must be to interstate or overseas competition. Such expenses can include travel, accommodation, competition fees and other associated costs. Assistance for training is also available for coaches and club officials.
To qualify for athlete assistance the following criteria must be met:
Athletes must –
- have been a current financial member of both Kembla Joggers and ANSW for a minimum continuous period of 12 months.
- be representing Kembla Joggers, ANSW or AA at a national or international event sanctioned by Athletics Australia.
- have achieved a qualifying time or other criteria approved by Kembla Joggers in order to compete.
- Track Championship funding - have represented the club at a minimum of 5 (seniors) or 4 (juniors) ANSW sanctioned track events during the last 12 months.
- Road, Cross-Country or Mountain championship funding - have represented the club at a minimum of 4 (seniors) or 3 (juniors) ANSW sanctioned road, cross-country or mountain running championships during the last 12 months.
- competed in an ANSW or AA relay championship representing the club during the last 12 months.
Competed, or officiated, in a minimum of 3 club Cross country/road events for XC/Road funding, or in the case of track funding, 3 club track events over the last 12 months.
Applications for assistance must be on the official form which is also available from the club Secretary. Athletes seeking assistance must provide a detailed schedule of expenses including any evidence where possible. Funding from other sources should also be declared. A summary of actual expenses should be provided upon request following the trip for which any funding is given.
The current athlete assistance fund allows for $200 for NSW or Australian representation interstate and $400 for Australian representation overseas. Additional discretionary assistance may be provided above these amounts – all applications will be considered on their merits. For further information please contact the Club Secretary. Send completed forms to Kembla Joggers, PO Box 527, Dapto NSW 2530 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaching or Official training may be subsidised if that training is determined to be for the direct benefit of the club. The maximum funding any athlete, coach or official may receive in any year is $1000. Official club coaches may receive a subsidy towards training, insurance and coaches association affiliation fees.
Beaton Park Scholarship
The Beaton Park Scholarship is awarded annually in April to one club member who meets certain performance criteria set out by Beaton Park, is a registered member of ANSW and who is also a resident of the Wollongong City Council area. The scholarship provides free access to Beaton Park Leisure Centre facilities including gym programs and track use for 12 months. The scholarship is an initiative of Beaton Park Leisure Centre and previous recipients include Stephen Brown (2001), Russell Chin (2002), Madeline Heiner (2003), Jake Evans (2004), Jared Poppett (2005), Ryan Gregson (2006), William Wann (2007), Ryan Gregson (2008), Anita Keem (2009), Sarah Carli (2010), Olivia Lavalle (2011), Alex Seal & Liam Henderson (2012), Liam Henderson (2013) and Madeline Heiner (2014). For more information contact the Club Secretary.