The ANSW Cross country Relays were held on Saturday 5th June at North Ryde Common, with a new, hillier and more challenging course than the previous one at Miranda.
10 teams from Kembla Joggers in age groups from U14 to 70-79, plus 3 individual runners, competed against teams from clubs and running groups from across NSW.
All KJs athletes gave their best for their teams on the day. Congratulations to all who ran!
Some notable results included:
- The U14 boys (4 x 2km) team of Surendra Kam Yogeswaran, Surendra Kam Yogeswaran, Milton Stepanovski and Hamish Dorney finished 2nd, winning a silver medal.
- The U18 boys (4 x 3km) team of Liam Clark, Kye Robinson, Mitchell Blackbourn and Joel Offord finished 3rd, winning a bronze medal.
- The 70–79 mens (4 x 3km) team of David Higgins, Peter Maskiell, Peter Enright and Gordon Turner finished 2nd.
- And a huge thankyou and well done to Daniel Hungerford and James Healey who finished a very close 4th in their U20 (4 x 3km) relay and then backed up a few hours later to compete in the Open mens (4 x 4km) team.
Other results were as follows:
- 4th - U14 girls (4 x 2km), with team members Charlotte Neville, Zoe Meyers, Hana Barnes & Cate Giason.
- 8th U16 girls (4 x 3km), with team members Celeste Carolan, Lilah Norden, Keyra Eskridge & Ella Fennell.
- 5th U18 girls (4 x 3km), with team members Calany Meyers, Jordyn Martin, Ella Norton & Amelia Norton.
- 7th Open women (4 x 4km), with team members Jasmine Matthews, Phoebe Evans, Ruby McPhillips & Trudi Barnes.
- 5th U16 boys (4 x 3km), with team members Patrick Carolan, Kye Mitchell, Moses Fowler & Macleay Kesby.
- 4th U20 men (4 x 3km), with team members Daniel Hungerford, James Healey, Isaac Shaw & Alex Pozzer.
- 11th Open men (4 x 4km), with team members Dylan Holland, Finlay McPhillips, Daniel Hungerford & James Healey.
- U12 boys (2km) – Axel Comer
- U16 boys (3km) – Jack Gibson
- 50–59 men (4km) – Ian Robinson